English for O Level series
English for Cambridge O Level series provides thorough practice in the key English language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and supports the Cambridge Assessment International Education O Level English Language 1123 syllabus. It can, however, be used as a stand-alone course books.
The books adopt a lively, task-based approach and offer the following features:
- An integrated approach to language learning
- Progressive practice to build up the skills of listening, speaking, reading comprehension and writing
- A wide selection of stimulating reading texts from around the world
- Comprehension questions which encourage readers to draw inferences and appreciate the writer’s craft
- Systematic explanations and practice of language points
- Structured writing tasks which develop independent writing
- Opportunities to develop study skills such as dictionary use and research
- Focus boxes giving advice on examination preparation
- A reference section which includes a grammar and punctuation guide and a glossary of literature and language terms
- An extensive examination practice section which includes exam-style questions with annotated sample answers
About the author:
Julia Sander has extensive experience as a teacher of language and literature and as an examiner at GCSE and Advanced Level. She has worked largely in the United Kingdom, but has also taught in South East Asia, the Caribbean and Africa.