English for O Level series
English for Cambridge O Level provides thorough practice in the key English language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and supports the latest Cambridge International Examinations O Level English Language 1123 syllabus. It follows the secondary series Language Tree 7, 8 and 9. It can, however, be used as a stand-alone course book.
The book adopts a lively, task-based approach and offers the following features:
- An integrated approach to language learning
- Progressive practice to build up the skills of listening, speaking, reading comprehension and writing
- A wide selection of stimulating reading texts from around the world
- Comprehension questions which encourage readers to draw inferences and appreciate the writer’s craft
- Systematic explanations and practice of language points
- Structured writing tasks which develop independent writing
- Opportunities to develop study skills such as dictionary use and research
- Focus boxes giving advice on examination preparation
- A reference section which includes a grammar and punctuation guide and a glossary of literature and language terms
- An extensive examination practice section which includes exam-style questions with annotated sample answers
About the author:
Julia Sander has extensive experience as a teacher of language and literature and as a senior examiner at GCSE and Advanced Level. She has worked largely in the United Kingdom, but has also taught in South East Asia, the Caribbean and Africa.