New Phonics series
Phonics provides a complete phonics reading scheme consisting of 3 workbooks of increasing difficulty for children aged 4 to 7.
The Phonics series gradually introduces and develops phonic skills to further children’s essential early reading and writing skills. Phonics provides pattern and meaning to the language learning process by helping children learn that letters and group of letters have different sounds that can be blended together to make words, the building blocks of all education.
Most teachers now recognize that early reading should be supported by an organized approach to phonics. There is a growing body of evidence that children progress faster in reading and other language skills if a structured phonics programme is followed. To maximize learning, the sooner the teacher can give pattern and meaning to the language learning processes, the more rapid and effective will become assimilation of knowledge.
About this Series
- Allows for the systematic teaching of phonics
- Appropriately increased level of difficulty as the child advances through the series
- Progresses from introducing the sounds of the individual letters of the alphabet to the idea that two or more letters may represent single sounds and subsequently into more advanced phonic skills
- Helps provide a strong foundation for spelling
- Playful animals introduce the fun-packed activities
- Bright, fun illustrations capture the child’s imagination
Helpful tips guide teachers on every page