New Maths Basics series
Designed to provide complete support for the daily mathematics lesson.
Math Basics mirror the activities and curriculum areas covered in mathematics lessons on a week-by-week and topic-by-topic basis. The series has been written for children between the ages of 3 to 5.
About this Series
- Follows the curriculum guidance for basic skills for the foundation stage as covered in the UK National Literacy Strategy and National Curriculum
- Each book in the series is divided into 30 units of work focusing on one clear objective
- Provides progression allowing the child to work systematically through the series
- Contains activities specially designed for the Pre-School environment and focused on Pre-School requirements
- Most of the units have been structured based on the following key features:
- Learning objectives are targeted through titles on every page
- Observational skills are developed through a ‘Look and Learn’ section
- Concepts are enriched through ‘Challenges’ in the last section of every page further reinforcing targeted objectives
- ‘Practice’ sections provide straight forward practice activities which enable the child to think and develop concepts
- In some cases these features have been combined into a single activity, offering further practice where appropriate
- Designed to appeal to children; attractive and colourful