Science Directions series
Bringing science to life, Science Directions is a comprehensive science series for pupils aged 6 to 11 (1 to Class 6).
Science Direction has been designed develop your children’s investigative skills whilst fostering their interest in scientific concepts. The series comprises of one Pupil Book, one Skills Book and one Teaching File and for each Class 1 to 6, providing for continuity and progression in science learning and teaching.
About this Series
- Matched to the English Qualifications and Curriculum Authority Scheme of Work, providing you with all you need to teach Primary Science from 1 to Class 6
- The aims of Science Directions are:
- To provide a rich and stimulating scientific experience to foster fascination and interest in science
- To present science as an essentially practical experience based largely on first hand experiences in relevant contexts
- To develop investigative approaches to scientific enquiry
- To encourage discussion and questioning of scientific ideas
- Excellent illustrations motivate pupils and provide a firm foundation in science
- A Skills Book reinforces the scientific concepts
- A Free CD ROM is also available filled with exciting “virtual experiments” for Class 1 to 6 to further enhance learning
- The Teacher Files provide advice and information closely integrated with pupil materials, to reduce your planning time.