Social Studies Matters series
This is an activities-based series covering Geography, History and Civics.
The Social Studies books are based on the life of people and places in Pakistan. The books also introduce a global perspective on the influences the world has on our lives.
About this Series
- Based on a well-structured Learning Scheme broadly based on the UK National Curriculum and adapted for Pakistan
- Geography, history and civics are all about people and places
- Geography looks at how people and places interact and influence each other in our cities, our country and the world today.
- History looks at how people lived in the past and the way objects, events and people have influenced the country and world we live in.
- Civics is how we live and why we do things the way we do. It shows children the standards in our society.
- The books, among other things, introduce children to:
- The geography and history of Pakistan
- The wider world and the influence other civilisations and people have had on our lives
- The environmental impact, the effects man has on the world and how people manage the environments they live in
- Open-ended, as well as formal questions, are tools to encourage children to think things out for themselves, using the books for information and stimulus
- The text is carefully graded; vocabulary that is specific to each unit is listed
- Utilizes pictures and photographs to enhance content delivery and understanding
- A Skills Book accompanies each textbook with pages linked to pages or a topic in the textbook. They cover a range of activities from formal questions and answers to using charts and tables, role-play ideas and patterns for making models.
- Teacher Support Books for each year provide detailed guidance to the teacher